A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Saturday, June 14, 2014
Disaster Movie: Jason Friedberg, Aaron Seltzer
At around the twenty minute mark of Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer's Disaster Movie, I realized that the majority of the film had been devoted to a High School Musical "spoof." And doesn't that just sum up the collected works of Friedberg and Seltzer? Their "spoofs" don't spoof anything; they are parades of tiresome, unoriginal references that become horrifically dated within months of being released. I had no hopes for Disaster Movie after seeing their previous film Meet the Spartans (2008), a work that literally made me physically ill. Imagine my surprise when I dreamed of it nostalgically while watching this film. At least Meet the Spartans was a spoof of one film and had some semblance of a plot structure. Disaster Movie just goes on and on and on and on and on with one awful "spoof" sequence after another. This isn't a movie; it's a punishment.
1/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm surprised you even bothered with this one and Meet the Spartans. Bad movies are one thing, but bad comedies can be truly awful.
ReplyDeleteBelieve you me, Chris, I am not choosing to watch these movies. Believe you me...
Delete