A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Friday, February 16, 2018
Peter Rabbit: Will Gluck
Well this was completely adorable. Despite a cringe-worthy advertising campaign, Will Gluck's Peter Rabbit is one of the best family movies and comedies I've seen in a while. It doesn't quite live up to the innocent sincerity of Paddington 1 and 2, but it makes up for it in energy, spunk, and naughtiness (loved that bit where Peter Rabbit was about to shove a carrot up the evil farmer's butt). Also, I had no idea Domhnall Gleeson was so good at slapstick and physical comedy. Did anyone else notice he was basically playing a less genocidal version of Admiral Hux? There's such a winsome happiness to this movie that it makes you buy into its slightly predictable and silly humor, and that's no bad thing.
7/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment