A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Sunday, April 12, 2015
Fast & Furious 6: Justin Lin
Here's the thing: I know that the tank battle from Justin Lin's Fast & Furious 6 was achieved by using a real tank and not a computer generated one. But my thought upon first watching the film was that it was computer generated. Computer effects haven't gotten to the point where they can replace traditional effects perfectly. But has the reverse become true? Have practical special effects become so polished that our eyes can only accept the explanation that what happened took place on a computer and not in real life? I don't know. In any case, Fast & Furious 6 really took some of the stunt scenes a bit far in terms of suspension of disbelief and the violation of physics. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. Once again, it is the chemistry of the characters that really matters. And its characters are given plenty of room to shine. It's not as good as Fast Five (2011), perhaps because, now that we were all expecting things to be so crazy, the element of shock and surprise towards the film's insane stunts and antics was gone. But it's still better than Fast & Furious (2009).
6/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment