A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Thursday, November 23, 2017
Thor: Ragnarok: Taika Waititi
After two fumbling attempts, Marvel Studios finally figured out how to properly use Thor with Thor: Ragnarok. I give full credit to Taika Waititi, the mad genius who a) realized that Thor works best as a well-intentioned but doltish lunk, and b) that Immigrant Song was made for the character. It also helps that Cate Blanchett delivers perhaps the most compelling Marvel villain since Loki with her stunning turn as Hela. She never asks to be sympathized with or understood. She's an evil bastard who wants what she believes is rightfully hers. And what fun we have! It also helps that I was able to see the film early at a Marvel Comics Friends-and-Family screening. Thanks, Hubert!
7/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment