A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Sunday, September 13, 2015
Johnny Dangerously: Amy Heckerling
I love a good spoof movie. And, thankfully, Amy Heckerling's Johnny Dangerously is just that. Fast-paced, clever, and inventive, the film manages to strike a good balance between being absurd and being annoying. Many spoof movies miss that. I've heard some say that without a deep knowledge of classic Hollywood gangster movies people won't understand or enjoy the film. But I disagree. While there are certainly many great touches that only film buffs would catch, much of the humor is broad enough for casual viewers to enjoy. You can't tell me that you have to have an intimiate knowledge of Humphrey Bogart and James Cagney to appreciate watching Danny DeVito get assassinated via impromptu bull-fight. Plus, Michael Keaton has never been more charming or charismatic.
7/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment