After a long, busy day, I’ve decided to wind down with some light, feel-good entertainment. pic.twitter.com/R9w6dHzkV5
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) August 12, 2018
Wow, so, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a movie try so explicitly to make a statement on Christian theology while so fundamentally misunderstanding Christian theology.
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) August 12, 2018
Von Trier’s assertion that the true love of God can only be given by a mental cripple and received by a physical one is anathema to the teachings of Christ.
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) August 12, 2018
Honestly, this would’ve worked better if Emily Blunt wasn’t a schizophrenic. But I doubt Von Trier would have been interested in making it if she wasn’t. And in my mind that speaks to the core of his inability to process religion in a healthy way. At least pre-Catholic conversion
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) August 12, 2018
Emily *who*?
— Scott Renshaw (@scottrenshaw) August 12, 2018
...oh, YOU try keeping all the Emily’s and Emma’s straight. There’s, like, twice as many of them as Hollywood Chris’s.
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) August 12, 2018
Rating: 5/10

No comments:
Post a Comment