A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Saturday, August 26, 2017
L'Avventura: Michelangelo Antonioni
[Revisit Review]
The first time I saw Michelangelo Antonioni's L'Avventura, it was when I was a college student first getting into movies. I saw it on youtube, split up into 15 parts so it would get spotted by copyright claimants. At the time, I absolutely hated it. Now, 7-8 years later, I decided to give it another try, this time on the big screen. Well, after seeing it at the Metrograph in Manhattan's Chinatown, I can say that my active dislike of the film has been downgraded to passive indifference. I get what it's trying to say and accomplish. I just don't like it. But who knows? Maybe I'll wait another 7-8 years, watch it again, and fall in love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment