A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Monday, January 12, 2015
Godzilla vs. Megalon: Jun Fukuda
[Revisit Review]
This movie didn't hurt half as much as I thought it would. I had already seen Jun Fukuda's Godzilla vs. Megalon twice before, but both times were the hackneyed English-language versions shown on Mystery Science Theater 3000. So I tracked down a copy of the film's original Japanese release so I could give it a fair review. Godzilla vs. Megalon still isn't very good: Godzilla is essentially a supporting character to some elementary school child's OC; the undersea aliens look like bargain-bin Hercules impersonators; and everything feels phoned in and rushed except for the inevitable Jet Jaguar/Godzilla vs. Megalon/Gigan fight and the opening scene where the undersea aliens drain a lake. I hated watching Godzilla, the King of the Monsters, job for Jet Jaguar and act like some Super Sentai instead of a kaiju.
3/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment