A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Double Indemnity: Billy Wilder
[Revisit Review]
Yes, yes, well all remember how Billy Wilder's Double Indemnity is a trademark of the film noir genre. Its cinematography, its screenplay, Barbara Stanwyck's turn as one of the greatest femme fatale to ever grace the screen...We remember all of it. But during my third viewing of the film, I was amazed at just how much genuine tension I felt during the Edward G. Robinson scenes. In particular, the moments when he comes to Fred MacMurray's apartment and Stanwyck hides behind his door and when Porter Hall visits his office are incredible. That's the true mark of excellent craftsmanship: when something is still suspenseful and thrilling even when you know what's going to happen.
10/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment