A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Monday, August 11, 2014
Frenzy: Alfred Hitchcock
[Revisit Review]
I don't have much to say about Alfred Hitchcock's Frenzy that hasn't already been said a dozen times by more prominent and intelligent scholars and critics. But I do have one observation: this film represents one of the only times that I have ever seen a serious thriller incorporate blatant comedic relief without either ruining the tension or derailing the narrative. The reason is that the comedic relief centers around food: squishy food, slimy food, food that bursts when squeezed and crunches when touched. This adds a layer of nauseous repulsion to the proceedings that enhances the fear and disgust felt by the audience towards the horrific crimes being committed onscreen.
9/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment