Sunday, October 16, 2016

The Boss: Ben Falcone


Well...at the very least, it seemed like Peter Dinklage was having a good time. Man, I just have not had good luck with Melissa McCarthy comedies, haven't I? I think Paul Feig's Bridesmaids was legitimately the last one of her movies that I truly loved. Everything else was just middling--like Paul Feig's Ghostbusters (2016)--or just terrible, like Ben Falcone's The Boss. I can't stand obnoxious characters and McCarthy's is as obnoxious and mean-spirited as they come. I know her character has an arc and changes over the course of the film, but man, I just didn't care about her after the first 30 minutes. The whole heist subplot in the third act was so forced, so unnecessary. Most of the comedy is either terrible line-o-rama or completely contrived. I only laughed a few times during the whole thing. I will say this, though: I think this movie gave me a huge Kristen Bell crush.

4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment