If Star Wars spoilers are showing up already from Europe, them I'm logging off social media until tomorrow night. See y'all then!
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) December 17, 2015
Okay, so, I'm back and ready to chat STAR WARS!!
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) December 18, 2015
First off, I LOVE Kylo Ren. He's what would happen if you gave a Gamergate Meninist a light-saber.
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) December 18, 2015
@BuddyCopDoug I do. I have issues with it. But it's pretty good.
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) December 18, 2015
The creature effects stole the show...except for those atrocious CGI tentacle beasts.
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) December 18, 2015
Here's my biggest problem: THE FORCE AWAKENS is almost literally a remake of A NEW HOPE.
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) December 18, 2015
@flipcritic It's got bits and pieces of EMPIRE, too.
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) December 18, 2015
@flipcritic But here's the thing: if I wanted to watch Eps. 4-6's greatest hits, I'd just watch Eps. 4-6! I want something entirely new!
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) December 18, 2015
@flipcritic Oh definitely.
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) December 18, 2015
Best part of the movie? Boyega's Finn. He was really the only genuinely NEW thing in the film.
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) December 18, 2015
Worst part? "The Death Star was THIS big. Starkiller Base is THIIIIIIS big." It's like the film straight-up admits that it's out of ideas.
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) December 18, 2015
@flipcritic Very true! But she was really channeling Han Solo. I can't think of any precedent for Finn.
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) December 18, 2015
@flipcritic Make no mistake: she was INCREDIBLE!!
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) December 18, 2015
Bottom line: THE FORCE AWAKENS is good. Good, but not great. But it's got the heart, soul, and charm that made me love the original trilogy.
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) December 18, 2015
Now that a new generation of filmmakers have spent an entire film gushing about their love of the old movies, let's do something new next!
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) December 18, 2015
And by the way: don't think that I didn't notice that the chunky X-Wing pilot survived this time.
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) December 18, 2015
Actually, I have a few more STAR WARS thoughts...
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) December 18, 2015
That shot of Rey sitting in the sand in front of the Star Destroyer? Hit me almost as hard as Luke Skywalker staring at the Tatooine suns.
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) December 18, 2015
Did anybody else think the editing in STAR WARS was a bit wonky? None of the really impressive shots lasted as long as I wish they did.
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) December 18, 2015
The little boy sitting in the seat next to mine laughed and screamed at all the right places. https://t.co/pqVdMcyAhO
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) December 18, 2015
7/10

No comments:
Post a Comment