A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Thursday, July 9, 2015
Sharknado: Thunder Levin
Here's the thing about stupid-on-purpose: it's meant to come off as silly, but it usually just comes off as stupid. And stupid isn't entertaining. But you know what stupid is? Tedious. Very, very tedious. That was one thing that I was not prepared for in Thunder Levin's Sharknado: the tedium. The only moments of truly enjoyable insanity—shooting falling sharks with a hand-pistol, splitting sharks in half with a chainsaw, diving into a shark while wielding a chainsaw—come at the very end. Everything else is bland and boring. You rarely get a good look at the terrible CGI sharks because the editing is so jumpy and clumsy. But then again, perhaps that's a good thing. I've seen PS1 video games with better graphics than the damn sharks in this movie.
3/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment