Tuesday, November 24, 2015

A Bullet for the General: Damiano Damiani


I usually try to review movies within a day or two of watching them. But sometimes I lose track of things and don't end up reviewing them until weeks later. Such is the case with Damiano Damiani's A Bullet for the General. But unlike most of the movies that I wait too long to review, I can still remember the film very well. I guess that speaks to its power. For me personally, the film has two major endearing qualities. The first is its exquisite widescreen cinematography. The second is the fact that nobody in the film is innocent. Everybody is a bastard to some degree. I particularly liked Klaus Kinski's warrior priest ("In the name of the Father--" *BOOM* "--and the Son--" *BOOM* "--and the Holy Ghost!" *BOOM*). Also...that opening scene with the man tied to the train tracks? Brilliance.

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment