Hmm. It seems I have nothing to do tonight. I think I'll watch Harmony Korine's MISTER LONELY (2007).— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) April 13, 2018
Please please please tell me the rest of this film is just Werner Herzog having priestly adventures.— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) April 13, 2018
There's no way Korine DIDN'T create this parachuting nun subplot on the fly when Herzog told him he'd be in the film.— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) April 13, 2018
"What? Herzog agreed to this one too? Uh...uh...get me a plane in Africa, a priest's robe, and a bunch of nuns! It'll make sense in post, I promise! I think..."
Okay, so, this movie doesn't really work. But moments like the one where the impersonators mourn the culling of the sick sheep are transcendent.— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) April 13, 2018
I THINK I know what Korine was going for with the juxtaposition of the impersonators and the nuns: people living their eccentric truths through acts of blind faith, one group succeeding one group failing.— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) April 13, 2018
Rating: 4/10But I dunno, the whole thing just fails to coalesce.— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) April 13, 2018

No comments:
Post a Comment