A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Monday, June 23, 2014
That’s My Boy: Sean Anders
Brace yourself, for what I'm about to say may be the hardest thing you will ever be asked to believe: Sean Anders' That's My Boy may, in fact, be the single worst film Adam Sandler has ever starred in. In recent years, Sandler has made a number of wretchedly unfunny and mean-spirited comedies. But That's My Boy takes the cake because it revolves around a single fundamental idea: a young child being raped by his teacher is the greatest thing that could ever happen to him. After 13-year-old Donny Berger is caught having sex with his grade school teacher, he becomes an overnight celebrity and the object of intense adoration and envy. Never mind that the teacher seduced him and that it qualifies as statutory rape. Never mind the fact that Donny gets the teacher pregnant. Never mind the fact that the teenage Donny has to raise a young child. Donny is a hero. I could describe the rest of this miserable movie that gleefully treats vomit, sperm, and incest as the height of comedic potential. But no. I won't. Pardon my language, but FUCK this movie. I wish that somebody would remake the first ten minutes of this film but replace Donny with a 13-year-old girl and his teacher with a middle-aged man. Let's see how funny it would be then. That's My Boy is the most despicable manifestation of rape culture that I have seen slither its way out of Hollywood in years.
0/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment