Well, since @mubi has put WINTER SLEEP (2014) up, I guess I might as well give it a watch. Who's up for 3+ hours of bleak Turkish cinema? Woohoo!!— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) May 13, 2018
This movie is full of A+ landscape porn. Nuri Bilge Ceylan and his DP Gökhan Tiryaki have an excellent eye for making each shot seem like a landscape in its own right. Look at these three shots: an extreme long, long, and medium long all equally stately and complex. pic.twitter.com/SNmegRgGaD— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) May 13, 2018
I think seeing A LONG DAY'S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT a few days ago was a good warm-up for this film. Both are lengthy, verbose works that challenge their audiences to sink into the oceans of words, words, words pouring from their characters' mouths.— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) May 13, 2018
Rating: 8/10Wow, this scene where Aydın condescendingly, laughingly berates his wife for her bookkeeping is a MASTERCLASS in cruelty.— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) May 13, 2018

No comments:
Post a Comment