A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Saturday, February 27, 2016
The Man Who Killed God: Noe
It's funny...but I feel like I learned more about Brazil, its culture, and its racial politics watching Noe's The Man Who Killed God than I did during an entire college course on Brazilian cinema. Though only about 15 minutes, the film is incredibly dense with creativity and anger. My one complaint is that during scenes where white people are killed en masse by Native Brazilians, the hand-held camera moved too fast to see what was going on. I think that might have been at least in part a tactic to cover up the fact that they weren't shooting real guns. Regardless, The Man Who Killed God is one of the best short films I've seen in ages.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment