A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Deadpool: Tim Miller
Tim Miller's Deadpool is the best romantic comedy I've seen in years. Yes, yes, I know it's superficially a superhero film. But at its core is the story between Wade Wilson (Ryan Reynolds) and his girlfriend Vanessa Carlysle (Morena Baccarin): it's warm, genuinely touching, and raunchy as hell. The action sequences are pretty great, too. I can't remember the last time I've enjoyed superhero action so much based purely on editing and cinematography. Everything about Deadpool works. And thankfully, the best laughs in the whole film aren't pop culture references.
8/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Deadpool was a lot of fun. The writers worked on one of my favorite TV shows, the satirical "reality" Joe Schmo Show. Doing a romantic comedy superhero movie was something different and worked surprisingly well. Unlike in My Super Ex Girlfriend ;)
ReplyDeleteHuh. I should probably check out the Joe Schmo Show, shouldn't I?
Delete