A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Friday, May 6, 2016
Dirty Grandpa: Dan Mazer
I hate the cliché of the romantic comedy where somebody gets left at the altar because their significant other had an eventful 2-3 days with an old flame. Of course, that's not the only reason why I hated Dan Mazer's Dirty Grandpa. It's almost nothing but horrifically unfunny cringe humor that almost never connects. This is the kind of film where everybody is an asshole to the protagonist because he has the audacity of being contented with a boring life. I don't like watching people act like jerks...unless they're the Marx Brothers. The film's attempts at being emotional and meaningful in the third act with De Niro coming through as a good grandfather and father feel hollow and unearned.
2/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment