
I'm beginning to notice a disturbing pattern in low budget 60s biker films. Almost all of them start off with scenes of an evil group of bikers raping and/or killing innocent people. So, I'm confused. Isn't the appeal of biker films supposed to be the bikers themselves? Why would you alienate the audience by depicting them as homicidal rapists? I dunno. Satan's Sadists is a boring, poorly shot, and terribly acted entry into this unfortunate genre. It features the standard biker film plot: a group of evil bikers (in this case a gang called the "Satans") unleash a wave of crime and terror upon an innocent populace and is combated by a brave do-gooder. More often than not, the bikers all die. But in this case, the evil bikers take out quite a few people, too. If I remember correctly, Anchor, their leader, kills 8 people and rapes two women over the course of the film. But it's not necessarily the content that repulses me from this film. It is a terribly constructed piece of "cinema." The audio is frequently inaudible, many of the nighttime shots are impossible to see, and I think that all they used for lighting equipment was a flashlight. I've seen films with basically the exact same plot that were at least watchable. This one is not.
4/10
No comments:
Post a Comment