A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Tuesday, August 11, 2015
Good Will Hunting: Gus Van Sant
[Revisit Review]
It's 11:22 PM on August 11, 2015. I just finished re-watching Gus Van Sant's Good Will Hunting for the first time in over five years. This was the first film to star Robin Williams that I have watched since his suicide exactly one year ago. And still, I don't think I was ready for it. The film itself is brilliantly written, shot, and acted. But Williams elevates it into something majestic and true. The "It's Not Your Fault" scene made me burst out in tears. And you remember the scene where Williams and Matt Damon talk on a bench in a park? Re-watching this scene, I was struck by a realization: I think Williams was talking just as much to himself (not his character, mind you) as he was to Damon.
9/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment