A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Wednesday, November 11, 2015
Maidstone: Norman Mailer
If I had wanted to watch a two hour ego trip, I would have watched an Orson Welles film. At least then the film would have been artistic, interesting, and had a point. The same can't be said for Norman Mailer's Maidstone which, unless I've missed my mark, has primarily gained notoriety since its release for its general terribleness. Only in the world of Art could a bad film be valorized as a good film just because it had a significant director. Maidstone is just two hours of self-indulgent film vomit. Even the infamous fight between Norman Mailer and Rip Torn can't redeem this film. Am I the only one who thought it was kind of sick to include footage of his wife and kids freaking out and wailing over him getting attacked?
2/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment