A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Tuesday, January 24, 2017
Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy: Kelly Makin
Maybe it wasn't the best idea to watch Kelly Makin's Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy without watching the original television sketch comedy show. Or familiarizing myself with its actors, reoccurring characters, and popular segments. Or looking up what the film is actually about. Yeah...I probably could have done this screening a bit better. But when push comes to shove, I did like the film. I thought it was funny, clever, and occasionally bitterly cynical (that whole "you can't truly be happy without sadness" morale really stinks of the Clinton years, doesn't it?). My favorite bit was the ongoing side-plot about the closeted gay father who comes out of the closest. Do I think it's a good film? Well, without familiarity with the show, no. But it's still good for a few laughs.
5/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment