A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Saturday, December 31, 2016
Silence: Martin Scorsese
Aw crap...it's 57 minutes to New Year's and I just realized I haven't finished doing my reviews for the year. All that's left is Martin Scorsese's Silence: a fantastic film that threatened the stability of my end of the year top 11 list. So what can I say that wasn't already summed up perfectly in my buddy Steve's review...well, for starters, I think that Adam Driver was better cast in his role than Andrew Garfield. Garfield does a great job, but he doesn't disappear into his role the way Drive does. I think Garfield's too pretty. Of course, his prettiness may have been a point, seeing as his character was a fresh-faced young priest. But I dunno. I liked how they gave a new translation to the scene where the fumi-e spoke. And I also liked how they did that scene in general. I don't really have anything else to say right now that I haven't said on twitter or by proxy via Steve. So...Happy New Year, I guess!
8/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment