A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Saturday, December 1, 2018
Ralph Breaks the Internet: Rich Moore, Phil Johnston
I like Ralph Breaks the Internet exponentially more than the first Wreck-It-Ralph film from 2012. The main reason is that it doesn't pretend to be a Ralph movie when in actuality it's a Vanellope von Schweetz with an unusually long prologue. This is a buddy film where Ralph and Vanellope embark on a quest, learn about the world, and most importantly, learn about each other. What truly surprised me was how clever and smart the third act was, particularly with its explicit observations on self-destructive behavior and the fact that sometimes friends grow apart and that can, in fact, be a good thing. Plus, the scenes with the Disney Princesses stole the show. I want an entire movie of nothing but them getting into shenanigans.
Rating: 7/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment