A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Saturday, October 14, 2017
Saturday the 14th: Howard R. Cohen
I went into Howard R. Cohen's Saturday the 14th looking for a campy, dumb parody of slasher movies. What I got was a campy, dumb, thoroughly boring parody of the Universal Monsters series. The story: a family moves into a house containing a book with the power to end the world, Count Dracula wants to get the book first, shenanigans ensue. There are many, many scenes of characters being idiotically oblivious to things behind their backs or in their peripheral vision. What are they? Silent film comedians? And what's with all the scenes with the pubescent teenage daughter stripped naked in the bathtub? There were a number of shots that were...uncomfortable to watch. That poor actress....
4/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment