A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Saturday, August 26, 2017
Wrong Again: Leo McCarey
Leo McCarey's Wrong Again is second only to James Parrott's Two Tars as the funniest Laurel and Hardy short I've ever seen. I laughed the entire time through it, and so did all the children in the theater that I watched it with. It's one of the most fiendishly clever set-ups for slapstick I've ever encountered: Laurel and Hardy mistake a horse for a stolen painting (don't ask) and try to return it to its owner with disastrous results, the worst being a hilarious segment where they try to put the horse on a grand piano (more than anything, this scene made the kids shriek with laughter). Masterful silent comedy. There's no other way to describe it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment