Thursday, October 29, 2015

The Inner Circle: Philip Ford


Johnny Strange is easily one of the most laughably incompetent detectives I've ever come across. I know that the ending absolved him of his foolishness with that old chestnut "I was planning to do this the whole time." But I don't buy it: you don't get knocked out cold with a blow to the back of the head...TWICE...and have that as part of your "plan." The central mystery is rather tepid and the only truly interesting element came from the live radio broadcast of the main characters re-enacting the main murder in order to weasel out the killer. I can't believe how long it took Johnny Strange to catch on that the blonde woman who barged into his office, hired herself as his secretary, and repeatedly sabotaged his investigation might have had something to do with the murder.

5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment