A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Saturday, March 18, 2017
Get Out: Jordan Peele
I feel like the only compliment I can give Jordan Peele's Get Out that truly matters is that it made my theater cheer for the TSA. No, really. Now that's some quality filmmaking, right there. In all seriousness, though, Get Out is a fantastic horror/thriller. It's creative, unexpected, beautifully shot, and magnificently acted. I like how I truly didn't know what was going on until the last 15 minutes or so. Also, it was totally worth seeing it on a big screen. I saw it at the Alamo Drafthouse in Brooklyn, so I had a very racially heterogeneous audience. It was fascinating to witness which parts of the audience reacted to which joke, what twist, what revelation. It was one of the most invigorating public experiences I've had in a theater in some time.
8/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment