Sunday, October 16, 2016

Central Intelligence: Rawson Marshall Thurber


There is some enjoyment in watching Rawson Marshall Thurber's Central Intelligence. It's not the comedy: the jokes are all either terrible, predictable, or simply not funny. It's not the action: it's too frenetic and jerky to really enjoy. And it's not the plot: there are so many ridiculous twists and turns that trying to follow it stops being entertaining. Also, did anyone notice that it totally brushed off the fact that one of its characters was a government employee who not only condoned by enjoyed torture? Anyhow, the enjoyment to be had in Central Intelligence is simply watching Dwayne Johnson be Dwayne Johnson. He's so charismatic, so entertaining, so effortlessly sincere and adorable that every time he comes onscreen you can't help but light up inside. I can take or leave Kevin Hart: I don't particularly find him funny, but I also don't particularly find him unfunny. For me, this movie was all about The Rock. And it has plenty of him.

5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment