A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
The Lawless Frontier: Robert N. Bradbury
I think this is some form of karmic retribution for having watched and almost enjoyed Robert N. Bradbury's The Dawn Rider (1935). After finally seeing an almost passable Poverty Row Western with John Ford, I've watched what might be the worst I've yet to see. There were parts of this film that I literally couldn't see because the cinematography was so bad. What little audio there was (large swathes of the film were submerged in total, awkward silence) was so poor that I couldn't make out most of the dialogue. And this wasn't just a matter of me watching a bad print. Different audio levels were used for different pieces of dialogue, making it seem like some lines were recorded while the actors were standing three studios over. The plot was so generic that even now, with a wikipedia summary right in front of me, I can still barely understand what the movie was about. This movie was pain.
1/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment