Watching THE SWEET HEREAFTER (1997). The sequence where Ian Holm recounts the time he spent a ride to the hospital holding a knife above his spider-bit daughter in case he had to cut her throat open so she could breath is honestly one of the most devastating things I’ve ever seen
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) September 3, 2018
I mean, this whole movie is quite good—even though I find its allusions to fairy tales pretentious and awkward—but that sequence was an all-timer. Wow. Just wow...
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) September 3, 2018
I think I might need to turn this movie off for a few minutes to mentally recover.
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) September 3, 2018
Honestly? I think the fairy tale aspect soured me on the bus tragedy story. You don't NEED to make it more meaningful with Pied Piper shout-outs. It was the Ian Holm subplot that sold the whole thing for me.
— Nathanael Hood (@NateHood257) September 3, 2018
Rating: 7/10

No comments:
Post a Comment