A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Sunday, December 24, 2017
Radio Mary: Gary Walkow
Wow. The heck was Gary Walkow's Radio Mary doing on mubi? That's a channel for good and/or distinguished films. Radio Mary is neither. It's this cockamamie piece of rubbish about a woman who becomes a "human radio" after getting touched by an evil guy who may or may not be a space alien. What's ridiculous is how the film treats it like this solemn event; the lead actress almost never raises her voice above an annoying whispered vocal fry, even when she's picking up the inner thoughts of terrible people or trying to escape the villain who makes her an accessory to murder. The film takes itself too seriously--it allows itself to have no fun with its subject matter. And this is the kind of subject matter you need to have fun with. Also, the film has one of the most unnecessary topless scenes I've ever seen. I think Walkow just wanted an excuse to look at his actress' boobs.
2/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment