A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Thursday, June 18, 2015
Jurassic World: Colin Trevorrow
It would be so easy to say that my reasons for not loving Colin Trevorrow's Jurassic World stemmed solely from my hatred CGI effects, ESPECIALLY in a franchise known for having some of the best practical effects in cinematic history. But really, my dislike of the film comes from the fact that the characters, with the notable exception of Bryce Dallas Howard, were either bland, forgettable, or annoying. Chris Pratt was underwhelming and ultimately useless, the two boys deserved to get eaten by dinosaurs because of their stupidity, and the people running the park and its security were laughably incompetent, even for a narrative centered around nature punishing mankind for its hubris. Still, I would be lying if I didn't say that the ending fight between the T. Rex, Blue, and Indominus didn't make me almost teary-eyed with joy.
6/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment