A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Friday, September 2, 2011
Kung Pow!: Enter the Fist: Steve Oedekerk
I can totally understand why critics didn't like Kung Pow: Enter the Fist. It's not a very good film, per say. But then again...it's not trying to. It's trying to be a loving parody of old-school chopsocky flicks that were mass produced all throughout the 70s and 80s. It does so by digitally inserting the main actor/director, Steve Oedekerk, into old martial arts footage and redubbing it. The results are silly, stupid, and juvenile. But so help me if this isn't one of the funniest films that I have EVER seen. I was laughing literally the entire way through the film. One of the main reasons was that I have seen enough chopsocky flicks to know that many of the jokes were references and parodies of martial arts tropes and stereotypes. Indeed...many critics didn't like this movie...I think it's because none of them had a sense of humor.
8/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment