A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Sunday, June 21, 2015
Eden: Mia Hansen-Løve
Mia Hansen-Løve's Eden was literally the hardest film I have had to watch in quite some time. It wasn't because it was shocking or uncomfortable. It was because it was a boring, poorly-constructed piece of miscalculated rubbish. I can understand what Hansen-Løve was going for: an examination of the 90s French techno scene that was just as enamored with the atmosphere and zeitgeist of the era as the musicians who helped pioneer the actual music. It was supposed to be a calm, reflective piece. In short, it tried to be equal parts documentary, drama, and drug film. Yet it trying to do all three, it became none of them. This isn't a film that moves, it meanders. And while many directors are able to pull this kind of meditative anti-plotting off, Hansen-Løve isn't one of them...yet.
3/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment