Monday, March 9, 2015

Assigned to Danger: Budd Boetticher


Alright, so, I'm starting this review literally less than a minute after I finished watching Budd Boetticher's Assigned to Danger. And I realize that even now I still hardly have any idea what in the hell I just watched. Something about a bank heist gone wrong? An insurance investigator? A wounded gangster holding up in a building with his abused wife? And for some reason the insurance investigator just happens to stumble upon them and manages to defeat them? Am I getting that right? Oh! And what about that part where the untrained (at least I have every reason to believe he was untrained) insurance investigator manages to successfully remove a bullet without the proper medical tools and without killing the patient? What was up with that? Bleagh...these early, nitty-gritty Boetticher movies are beginning to run together...

4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment