A collection of informal movie reviews for the purpose of documenting my thoughts on the films that I watch.
Friday, February 19, 2016
Room: Lenny Abrahamson
Lenny Abrahamson's Room is one of those rare gifts bestowed upon us by the cinema which helps re-contextualize the way we examine and appreciate our lives. The story of a mother trapped in a shed by her rapist and her five-year-old son who has known nothing but said shed, Room hits with the emotional intensity of a power drill to the spine. For me, the most powerful scene was when the son first unrolls himself in the back of his father's van and stares up at the sky. Even though I knew he would get away (the film was only about halfway done), I was practically screaming at the screen for him to move it. It's been a long time since I've responded so viscerally to a film.
8/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment