Monday, December 26, 2016

Yoga Hosers: Kevin Smith


*sigh*

Okay...there were parts of Kevin Smith's Yoga Hosers that I liked. First off, Lily-Rose Depp and Harley Quinn Smith really surprised me with how good they were (the problem, of course, was that they played poorly written roles). Some of the humor hit home, particularly the ingenious name of the convenience store where the film takes place: Eh-2-Zed. And all the scenes where the girls fought off the Bratzis were legitimately exciting, silly, and entertaining. But man, this movie blows. It's like a Canadian minstrel show; I was so embarrassed by it that I texted all my Canadian friends and apologized it. The script seemed to have been deliberately written so as to inject as many "eh's" and "aboot's" as possible. It's just all so...forced and...unnecessary. There were times when the film was almost physically painful. And most of those times involved Guy LaPointe (Johnny Depp).

4/10

2 comments:

  1. The trailer for this looked like Ghost World meets Army of Darkness but nowhere near as good as either of those. With Extra Canada

    ReplyDelete